2012 is almost over so what will I remember most about this year?
- I launched jkire.com – otherwise you’d be reading this list on tumblr or something!
- Kirbie just reminded me that she was here in Denver for New Year’s Eve last year, unfortunately that couldn’t happen again this year, but I spent a week in Portland with her earlier this month. Hopefully in 2013 we will be able to spend more time together!
- #15! Blue Devils’ show Cabaret Voltaire was awesome and I’m proud to have been a part of the organization for my 9th season!
- I got to accompany the corps to Guatemala over Labor Day weekend. My only disappointment is how close we were to Mayan ruins on our night off in Antigua, but there was no easy way to get there. Next time. The cooler ruins are further North anyway.
- Custom vinyl toys. I started making these last fall but didn’t really make a lot of them until this year. They’re a lot of fun to make and everyone who has ordered some seems to like them!
- Marching Lessons! I started it in 2011 but the episodes progressed into 2012. I still haven’t gotten around to making the “Practical Exam” yet, but… hey, I’ll get to it eventually!
Looking back there are a few things I intended to make happen in 2012 that just haven’t for one reason or another. I could be disappointed about it but instead I’m going to use those unfinished projects as a foundation to make sure 2013’s highlights are ten times as great. Here are just a handful of the projects I want to finish in the next 12 months:
- The 2012 Pit Documentary!
- PSW – A sci-fi novel.
- The Marching Lessons Practical Exam
- Zom Nomz – A comic.
- Fridge – More of the comic. Figured I would wait for Fringe to end.
- Eriktronic – A music album.
- A detective novel.
- Relaunch “Today I Watched” as a video series.
- A couple of children’s books I’ve been putting off.
Maybe there’s something on this list you’d like to see more than the others? Let me know! The biggest obstacle has been having to decide between them all, so I usually end up playing video games instead.
Of course I plan on doing what I can to make sure the “bigger than me” stuff like drum corps is as great as possible too. And to take even better photos than the last two years.
Happy New Year! I have a pretty good feeling about 2013.